Monday, July 12, 2010

Is England going to win the Ashes again?

Last time England and Australia played for the Ashes Cup, England won. We have to keep in mind that the series was played in England, and England plays much better in test matches when they play on home soil.

This time however, England is going to defend the title in Australian soil.

If I remember correctly, last time England played a test series in Australia they lost the series 5-0. Even though that series had greats like Shane Warne and Glen Mcgrath, the current Australian side is not a weak one either.

My personal opinion is, England will be thrashed once again by Australia (4-0) given how they are performing over the last few months (particularly in test matches).

I think England needs to find a suitable opening partner for Andrew Strauss, if they want to compete against the Australians. Their pace bowling attack needs to be on target as well.

I do not see a lot of problems with the middle order, I think England has a decent middle order which should make the series interesting. I do not think spinner Swann will be very useful on Australian soil, but let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment