Monday, July 12, 2010

Twenty20 Cricket - a blessing in disguise?

I was not a big fan of twenty20 cricket a few months ago. However, I have to say twenty20 cricket is actually implementing positive attitudes in batsmen. In my opinion, Twenty20 cricket is going to benefit the batsmen in the long run compared to bowlers.

Nowadays, we see many teams scoring 300 and 350 quite frequently in ODI matches. Many teams are not scared of chasing 300+ scores. I think it has a lot to do with the arrival of twenty20 cricket (along with the 20 overs of powerplay batting sides can use).

I believe some people are suggesting that twenty20 should replace ODI (for example - Shane Warne). I have a huge problem with that. ODI cricket already has a tradition, there are already 9 world cups that were held in the past. If ODI is replaced by Twenty20 cricket, cricket will lose a lot of fans I feel.

What I am suggesting is, both Twenty20 cricket and ODI cricket should stay and co operate with each other in various ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment