Friday, July 16, 2010

Who should be the captain of Pakistan cricket team in test matches?

After observing the first test between Pakistan and Australia at Lord's, I have to say it is not a bad move from Afridi to retire from test cricket. I think Afridi does not have what it takes to play in a test match. Afridi's bowling is not suitable for test, his batting has never been consistent either. In other words, I think there are better test players in Pakistan.

Earlier, I made a post where I stated Afridi can dug Pakistan out of the hole they are in currently. I stated some reasons why I thought like that. But after observing the first test match, I have to say Afridi may not be the right man to lead the team in test matches.

But if Afridi is not the right man to lead Pakistan in test matches, then who is? I am finding it a bit hard to answer this question. Quite honestly, Pakistan does not have a proper test team and none of the players in the team deserves to be captain in a test match. But since a cricket team needs to have a captain, I think Pakistan should appoint Salman Butt as a captain. Salman Butt is probably one of the least controversial cricketers in the Pakistan team at this moment, if anyone can be the captain I think Salman Butt is the one.

Salman Butt is doing good with the bat recently, hopefully the extra pressure of the captaincy will not distract his batting (assuming he will be appointed as the captain).

No comments:

Post a Comment